Tuesday 9 September 2008

Spare Roomyness!

Well, its the second post, I'm not even sure if anyone in the world read my first one, but hey ho, I'm in work, a bit bored and feeling the urge to blog.

Anyway, in no order what so-ever, the spare room! Now, for ages and ages and ages and ages and ages i have wanted a black and white room. I don't know why, but i just love the simplicity of black and white, plus then as your only technically using one colour, white, it enables you to add splashes of colour to it and for it not to look too rainbow-esque, which isn't bad obviously, but wasn't the look i was going for!

Now the spare room, it needed to serve 3 main purposes. The first one was to house our pet Degu's, Flower and Stumpy, who live in a large, industrial looking cage, which in all honesty, doesn't look that pretty! Next was to house my iMAC, which is obviously white, and third was to house a sofa bed to be used by any passing travellers that wish to crash at my humble abode!

We found some truly luscious wallpaper at B&Q, which I fell in love with, that would cover the wall facing the door, and then a trip to Ikea got me a Grankulla Futon, an Ikea PS cabinet and drawers, and then a Vika Curry desk in black with matching white legs.

That was it really, a few accessories such as a MASSIVE black vase from Habitat and some other bits and bobs and we had the makings of the black and white room.

My first attempt at wallpapering followed and a week down the line, the spare room went from this...




Yeah, complete carnage! Was like this for about a week, and then over a weekend, we finished it off! So it now looks like this! I still need to do a bit of work on it, id like to get a groovy rug, and i need to tidy up the cables and id like to get some more storage, but nothing too big as i like the sort of minimal look of the room! :) Also, ignore the clashing duvet cover, it'll be replaced with a nice white one when i get find one i like!





No comments: